1998-12-31 - True Random Numbers

Header Data

From: Kevlar <webmaster@max-web.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 16540404b022e282a7a60dde7457cc91673b2c5fd65d31ca996d529327cb5441
Message ID: <3.0.6.32.19981231021342.007e9300@max-web.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 18:32:15 +0800

Raw message

From: Kevlar <webmaster@max-web.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 18:32:15 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: True Random Numbers

Several months ago, someone was talking about "True random numbers" and how
to obtain them, and I (rather ignorantly) suggested they run a recorded
sound through a program to record a 1 for every peak of volume over a
certian threshold , and a 0 for every thing quieter.(I think i suggested a
russeling tree, or a waterfall) Just adjust the threshold according to the
volume of your sampling. (it was clear in my mind, even if I can't explain
it here)

Little did I know...

Read phrack 54.5.
-Kevlar
<Webmaster@max-web.com>

Does God know Peano Algebra? Or does she not care if strong atheists
couldnt reason their way out of a trap made of Boolean presumptions?

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing, but zero knowlege is
absolutely subversive.

Overspecialization breeds in weakness. It's a slow death.

Beat your algorithms into swords, your dumb terminals into shields, and
turn virtual machines into battlefields... Let the weak say, "I am strong"
and question authority.

Thread