1998-12-16 - Re: DARPA’s Active Network page (fwd)

Header Data

From: Sunder <sunder@brainlink.com>
To: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Message Hash: 377ab66d402e5cc4c5fc26bf8f14e25a0dffe78da96d497ba572822e9911e9de
Message ID: <3677BD28.6465E8F0@brainlink.com>
Reply To: <199812160006.SAA09381@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-16 14:43:20 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:43:20 +0800

Raw message

From: Sunder <sunder@brainlink.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:43:20 +0800
To: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Subject: Re: DARPA's Active Network page (fwd)

Jim Choate wrote:

> [...]

Joy, just what we needed, a twist on the old source-routing packets.  A bad
idea within a bad idea. :(  Gee, how many of your routers allow source routed
packets these days?

To add to the above question, how big will the over head of the packets be?
How will the routers know that the packets aren't forged and that they contain
real micromoney and not already spent micromoney (possibly for the purposes of
denial of service attacks or other hacking attempts)?
How will they do this in real time and not incur huge propagation delays?

IMHO, This has the words "Stupid Idea" written all over it.

--
 + ^ +        Sunder          "The   real aim  of current policy is to /|\

RESTRICTED DATA - This material contains RESTRICTED DATA as defined in
the Atomic Energy Act of 1954. Unauthorized disclosure subject to
administrative and criminal sanctions.  NOFORN ORCON WNINTEL SIOP-ESI CNWDI

Thread