1998-12-07 - Wassenaar News

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Message Hash: 3a66a514b64ab1e313ac3a914942c15469f58a721aef7d8afd14929627846d6f
Message ID: <199812071515.KAA26956@smtp2.mindspring.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 23:57:14 +0800

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 23:57:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Subject: Wassenaar News

We spoke with Igor at the WA today to ask about the implementation
report Caspar Bowden said would be coming shortly. It seems that
Dirk Weicke, the person preparing it (whom Caspar queried),
is out sick and won't return to work until Thursday.

Another person working on the report, a Mr. Sidbitt (?) is also
out sick but should be back at work tomorrow.

At the moment there is no plan to offer the report on the WA
Web site. Each member will decide how to publicize it.

Igor, a friendly, reminded that the WA staff has no authority,
indeed has an evanescent existence, and is subject to vanishing
without explanation. The paranoid WA members, my words, cut
no slack, cut-throat control of perfidious news is their modus
operandi.

Still, Igor chuckled at my reporting that the perfidious USG will not
anwser my inquiries, being unable to trust its terrifying citizenry.
He refused my plea to send a purloined report, a report which,
on the evidence, appears to be quite sickening.

Thread