1998-12-05 - Re: pgp disk

Header Data

From: Max Inux <maxinux@openpgp.net>
To: HyperReal-Anon <nobody@sind.hyperreal.art.pl>
Message Hash: 465d6a2675facbeefa4c6117d13526f7970d434f0b09255b371f674601b1d9ce
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.4.02.9812051155290.30678-100000@khercs.chipware.net>
Reply To: <fb4d35c7250a01fc0610606c695e3e20@anonymous>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-05 19:19:51 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 03:19:51 +0800

Raw message

From: Max Inux <maxinux@openpgp.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 03:19:51 +0800
To: HyperReal-Anon <nobody@sind.hyperreal.art.pl>
Subject: Re: pgp disk

On 5 Dec 1998, HyperReal-Anon wrote:
>>>If the source code isn't available, don't trust it. That's a good general
>>>rule.
I dont believe he is saying source is not available because it is.  In
book form, currently getting scanned in europe somehwere where the
Wersaanar(i dont care i misspelt it) was not signed

>>Where is the source for pgpfone?

Try pgpi.com, i believe if anyone has it they would.. maybe mit

>Good question. That's why I wouldn't use it either. (I haven't had reason to
>use it, so 'll take Anonymous's word that source isn't available.)
See above, however, Scram disk has been around more, and it's source
is available

>If people want to release software like this, they need a better argument
>for its security than "Trust us, it's secure."

Agreed, thats why in PGP's case source is released.

>Considering that there is no net loss when developers of such a product
>release source code so that people can look it over and compile it
>themselves, I don't have any reason to trust such software.

Actually in theory there is, people can steal code, use progs without
paying etcetera. (the latter is available through "juarez" though)

>Aren't McAfee and PGP Inc. members of KRAP and promoting Big Brother Inside?
>I've lost track.

McAfee does not exist, neither does PGP Inc, in a merger of those two and
Network General, they formed Network Associates.  Later NetAss purchased
TIS, for their firewall mind you, and they were members of KRAP .  so NAI
was officially brough in.

Max
--   Max Inux <maxinux@openpgp.net>  Hey Christy!!! New Keys per-request
       If crypto is outlawed only outlaws will have crypto

Thread