1998-12-10 - Re:

Header Data

From: Robert Wenzler <rwenzler@usachoice.com>
To: Mbishop645@aol.com
Message Hash: 6509b4de38c99d67bd586172733e6d714c24884068b09809519a923948629e70
Message ID: <3670195D.F23CEDF6@usachoice.com>
Reply To: <ed7e707c.366f85d7@aol.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-10 20:08:53 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:08:53 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Wenzler <rwenzler@usachoice.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 04:08:53 +0800
To: Mbishop645@aol.com
Subject: Re:

Mbishop645@aol.com wrote:

> >HaB wrote:
> ><snip>
> >>     That's a good place to begin, though.  "Would you send a letter to
> >> someone without an envelope?"  "Then why not put your email in the
> >> electronic equivalent of one?"
> >>
> >> balance.
> >
> >Would I send a letter to someone without an envelope?
> >One word: postcard.
>
> Ahh, but would you tape a check for your phone bill to a postcard? Other
> than writing a greeting to someone what else do you use a postcard for?

No, I would not tape a phone bill check to a postcard. There is the
chance for it to fall off.

There is different methods of sending mail for different levels of
security and functionality. Some people make it obvious what is inside
an envelope. (who would not recognize a Christmas card from the
envelope?) Others make it as bland and normal as possible to
have it go by without much notice.

It all depends on how secure you want it. Some things you can do
with what amounts to postcard security.

What amount of security do you want for your email? Would you be
willing to do something extra for that security?

This type of question is up to each person. How much risk is the
person willing to take. Each person has the responsibility to
understand what the risks are and to decide what risks they are
willing to take.

Thread