1998-12-27 - Re: Zero-Knowledge Freedom AnonymousIP Whitepaper

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
To: cryptography@c2.net
Message Hash: bdb31df805e81e5fbc5fe31b77a331de6f1df7851a4c506d31aba34f1c0f086f
Message ID: <199812270425.FAA12203@replay.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 13:00:50 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 13:00:50 +0800
To: cryptography@c2.net
Subject: Re: Zero-Knowledge Freedom AnonymousIP Whitepaper

> Zero-Knowledge has put up a draft of a whitepaper explaining the technical
> details of it's coming Freedom Internet Privacy system.
>
> The paper discusses the technical details of our AnonymousIP protocol and
> our Pseudonymous E-mail System.
>
> This is an early draft and comments/questions are appreciated.

Have algorithms been chosen? If I understand right, letting different users use
different algos would make some users' messages look different from others
while bouncing around in the network. I don't think anyone even suspects
3DES and a KEA cognate would fail.

The "topologically close" tradeoff (i.e, a gain in performance for an
unmeasured loss in security) seems to be more exploit-bait than optimization;
it might be wiser not to enable this part of automatic route selection by
default unless/until its effects on security are investigated more thoroughly.
At least give me a while to make an attack on it. :)