1998-12-09 - Re: spy cameras

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alan@clueserver.org>
To: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
Message Hash: c83fcd0836dbb8786ffefa82d8867dc5e6334c27a698fbefdf279dd60152a988
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.96.981209101158.9137A-100000@clueserver.org>
Reply To: <199812090104.RAA19228@netcom8.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-09 02:58:48 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 10:58:48 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alan@clueserver.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 10:58:48 +0800
To: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: spy cameras

On Tue, 8 Dec 1998, Vladimir Z. Nuri wrote:

> >From :
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk:80/et?ac=001036222020742&rtmo=VqqqD8sK&atmo=kkkkkkku&P4_FOLLOW_ON=/98/12/3/ecnspy03.html&pg=/et/98/12/3/ecnspy03.html
> - -
> Smart spy cameras on the way
>
> By Patrick Hook
>
> POLICE scientists are close to a major breakthrough that will allow CCTV
> cameras to "recognise" criminal activity.

Why does this remind me of the book "Agent of Chaos" by Norman Spinrad?

For those of you who have not read the book (and you should), the
uber-police state was run by a master computer that could "recognise
criminal behaviour" and immediatly kill anyone engaged in such activities.
You find out later that it is not quite what it seems.

alan@ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.

Thread