1998-12-20 - Re: Anthrax Theatre

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Message Hash: db17885eb83932f75acc614cb7765255d6241ee63fd966e19e94d31f5e373580
Message ID: <v03130326b2a2e07ca975@[209.66.101.206]>
Reply To: <199812200637.HAA04958@replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-20 17:37:54 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 01:37:54 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 01:37:54 +0800
To: cypherpunks@EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Subject: Re: Anthrax Theatre

At 10:37 PM -0800 12/19/98, Anonymous wrote:
>>At 9:17 PM -0800 12/19/98, Anonymous wrote:
>>
>>>The FBI is in between a rock and a hard-on here.
>>>
>>>If anthrax spores really had been released into those air ducts, it could
>>>potentially infect anyone in the building. They can't very well let these
>>>people walk out when they might be carriers of antrax. That's the power of
>>>bioweapons: Infect a bunch of people and they do the work of spreading it
>>>for you.
>>
>>This is not how anthrax spreads. Communicability between humans is nearly
>>nonexistent.
>
>If this is true, we've caught the media in yet another lie. The media likes
>to paint the picture that anthrax can be released in an airport and spread
>to all corners of the country in a matter of hours.
>
>Typical of the media. Shame on me for accessing anything they've shoved down
>my throat. :)

Even if I hadn't read "The Hot Zone," "The Coming Plague," "The Cobra
Event," and various other CBW books and articles, and even if I hadn't
visited the CDC and other Web sites, I would have known from news reports
that the trick to using anthrax as a weapon is to properly disperse the
spores.

Human to human contact is a poor way to disperse these spores. Eating the
flesh of anthrax-infected humans _may_ spread the spores, but data are too
sparse to verify this.

--Tim May

We would go to their homes, and we'd kill their wives and
their children. We would kill their families