1998-12-24 - What’s up with C2 and SSL?

Header Data

From: “jim finder” <jim_finder@hotmail.com>
To: coderpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: dc3c434b6a158d981e5f6e7137f99211c361d6041445473a79ddc2feeb0a88c5
Message ID: <199812241744.JAA06583@law-f104.hotmail.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 02:14:51 +0800

Raw message

From: "jim finder" <jim_finder@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 1998 02:14:51 +0800
To: coderpunks@toad.com
Subject: What's up with C2 and SSL?

Would someone mind explaining the background of this
dispute? I've seen posted several vague accusations that
imply that (depending on the poster) either Sameer or Ben
have acted badly and unwisely in some way, and that at least one
of them has a "bad track record" with open source software.

I don't have enough information to judge, which I expect is
also the case for many other readers here. Could someone
please lay out exactly what this bad track record is, and
what was wrong with Sameer and Ben's announcements? Otherwise
we all just have to guess what is going on here. Also, what
happened with SSLeay?

Either that, or stop making public accusations.

Jim