1998-12-15 - Re: First “Crypto Refugee”?

Header Data

From: tony@secapl.com
To: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
Message Hash: e88aabee529179c9097a7b1efe63e9d5e3efebaa27c1bbb1e0e129ac3bb19f1d
Message ID: <Pine.A32.3.95.981215140228.21958G-100000@T2.secapl.com>
Reply To: <199809040233.TAA29401@netcom13.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1998-12-15 20:36:16 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:36:16 +0800

Raw message

From: tony@secapl.com
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:36:16 +0800
To: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: First "Crypto Refugee"?

> the shakespeare analysis seems like a good idea to
> me. I am not aware of literate papers that try to
> analyze it with frequency analysis instead of
> just vague assertions by the authors. there is
> a huge set of literature that tries to link of
> the writings of shakespeare to someone else, but
> as far as I know not much of it is computer analysis.

  This was what brought William Freidman to Riverside, where he both
created monographs on cryptanalysis and met his wife. (described in detail
in Kahn.)

Thread