1998-12-24 - Is Sameer/C2net Attempting to subvert the OpenSSL and Mod-ssl projects

Header Data

From: Anonymous <nobody@nowhere.to>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: fadb452f1e9f3b48befe6b65954d9bdbd1b9e1816b5a7faba2c670d9b04a8a0c
Message ID: <e7da8d968f05e9013ee1302f84dfadfd@anonymous>
Raw Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 16:21:34 +0800

Raw message

From: Anonymous <nobody@nowhere.to>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 16:21:34 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Is Sameer/C2net Attempting to subvert the OpenSSL and Mod-ssl projects

To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
cc:
Subject: OpenSSL and C2Nets attempted subversion of same(Sameers track record
--------
On the Subject of Sameers record with open source

  mod_ssl.c(this was the component that Sameer wishes wasnt
available(and did his best to deny to his customers) and indeed was quite
sucessful in preventing its availability until Ralf Engleschall's mod_ssl becam
available... This is the REAL reason C2net took a nose dive...)
and now it appears Sameer is trying to co-opt that project also.

I trust Ben Laurie and Ralf... They developed the code .

I DONT trust Sameer... he is simply a privateer, he takes sources
and trys to restrict availability so he can make a profit from
Intellectual Property NOT developed by him...
I specifically suspect his announcement coming on the heels of Ben's.
I dont think this person will ever get a clue about either Open Source
or GPL.

     merry Xmas
     the baby ruth bar in the swimming pool :)

Thread