1993-03-23 - Idea

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 163c588b40c7064f88adc9b08580d0f3a2fe78d323c9add7b1d8b43cda80edcd
Message ID: <9303232028.AA20325@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <9303221617.AA13744@tramp.cc.utexas.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-23 20:32:42 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Mar 93 12:32:42 PST

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 93 12:32:42 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Idea

Jim writes:
>It is kind of ironic that a list which deals with the dispersal and
>protection of information only offers a single, inefficient, method for
>accessing that information.

My main goal for cypherpunks is to get people to defend their own
privacy, rather than relying on someone else to provide it for them.
There were several different methods recently mentioned that allow
people to take control of their own email flow.  I would suggest that
all those who would rather have another way of accessing the list do
so on their own computers.

In addition to all the methods for handling mail mentioned before, the
remailer source code includes a rewrite of slocal in perl done by Hal
Finney.  Available from soda.berkeley.edu:pub/cypherpunks/remailer.

Eric

Thread