1993-06-19 - PGP question

Header Data

From: Nickey MacDonald <i6t4@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca>
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 6cb315a5726aa8f318978bf51f91631071ebe8c5e0b1da1e8687ac7776681a8a
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9306190253.A25138-b100000@jupiter>
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Jun 93 22:58:41 PDT

Raw message

From: Nickey MacDonald <i6t4@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 93 22:58:41 PDT
To: cypherpunks list <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: PGP question

I am working on an interesting application using PGP.. and I have come
upon a snag.  I want to have a message with more that one "pgp block" ie
more than one file encrypted and then all the encrypted files concatenated
as one new file.  If you just use "pgp file" it tries to overwrite the same
file each time.  If you give it multiple -o specifications, it only takes
the last one, and tries to keep overwriting it.  If you use -p, it names
each file based on what the original encryptor called it, but in this
application that would allow for the files to still overwrite each other.
What I really need is a way to specify a "base" that is modified for each
output.
(eg  base="file" and output files become "file.1" "file.2" "file.3" etc)

Is this possible...  can anyone give me *any* suggestions to improve the
situation...  This has to be an unattended operation.

--
Nick MacDonald               | NMD on IRC
i6t4@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca  | PGP 2.1 Public key available via finger

Thread