1994-02-27 - Re: VIRTUAL meeting needed

Header Data

From: Grand Epopt Feotus <68954@brahms.udel.edu>
To: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.fi>
Message Hash: 124bcb2298547e1415e9acbfbd675c0fc630399caf9aea9484682613bffd27e1
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9402271459.A7886-0100000@brahms.udel.edu>
Reply To: <199402271829.AA24451@lassie.eunet.fi>
UTC Datetime: 1994-02-27 19:15:27 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 27 Feb 94 11:15:27 PST

Raw message

From: Grand Epopt Feotus <68954@brahms.udel.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 94 11:15:27 PST
To: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.fi>
Subject: Re: VIRTUAL meeting needed

On Sun, 27 Feb 1994, Johan Helsingius wrote:

> > 	Yes, not to mention that it just seems a lot cleaner so to
> > speack, and also I dont have IRC here.
>
> But you don't have a MOO client either!

	yeah, i don't

> >  I think a virtual MOO is very
> > important at this juncture.  It's probably the best low-cost(as in close
> > to nil) virtual meeting you can get.
>
> Uh... Why is IRC any more expensive?

	Well considering that in IRC you dont have all the neat stuff you
can do in a MOO, like some people explained with the rows and "speaking
sticks" ideas.  IRC is very cheap, free, but it is also rather minimal in
my opinion.

> >  Just as long as I can get a
> > client(not a prob) and am sufficiently prepared to figure out wht MOO
> > it's on etc.. so I can go get accustumed. etc...
>
> You are prepared to get a MOO client but not an IRC client?

	Well, yes, it's alot easier to get the MOO client, then it would
be to get the IRC client and compile it on a low quota account wiht
sysops that dont like IRC at all.  I have tried it before with limited
succes, and I dont plan on doing it again considering the status that the
sysops have put it under here.

	My point simply was that MOOs IMO lend themselves to more of a
virtual reality feel, than IRC does.   I have been on IRC and to follow
multiple threads on it, and to have a meaninglful structure to the
discussion, is very difficult IMO.

> 	Julf

	You're eqipped with a hundred billion nueron brain, that's
	wired and fired, and it's a reality generating device, but
	you've got too do it.  Free youself  ----Tim Leary----

Thread