1994-08-23 - Re: Nuclear Weapons Material

Header Data

From: werewolf@io.org (Mark Terka)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6a59aa606e924548342c0bc4bee15206d02141daaa8a752574c4d74f20ef0fb4
Message ID: <paBMkOwscIgG070yn@io.org>
Reply To: <9408221335.AA00765@snark.imsi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-08-23 05:13:48 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 22:13:48 PDT

Raw message

From: werewolf@io.org (Mark Terka)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 22:13:48 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Nuclear Weapons Material

In article <9408221335.AA00765@snark.imsi.com>,
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@imsi.com> wrote:

> iqg1550 says:
> > Let's all rejoice at the birth of the latest member of The Horsemen of
> > The Criminal Apocalypse -- The Nuclear Weapons Material Smuggler.
> > I'm sure his four siblings will make plenty of room for their baby brother.
>
> I will point out, of course, that anyone who can afford the tens of
> millions to hundreds of millions the smugglers are reportedly charging
> for critical masses worth of Plutonium and Uranium, odds are that they
> can afford to buy un-escrowed secure communications equipment...

Not to mention the fact that without tritium, the "trigger" for nuclear
weapons (and extremely expensive and rare at $ 100m a gram) all you have
is a radioactive paperweight.

Thread