1994-09-02 - Re: State Declaration of Ind.

Header Data

From: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
To: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Message Hash: 8a84cd2adb52efd88f0c8e3744f1ec0d0ac378a4acb9c285f4b423b8e43d32af
Message ID: <199409022020.PAA18658@zoom.bga.com>
Reply To: <199409021921.MAA27071@netcom8.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1994-09-02 20:21:08 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 2 Sep 94 13:21:08 PDT

Raw message

From: Jim choate <ravage@bga.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 94 13:21:08 PDT
To: jamesd@netcom.com (James A. Donald)
Subject: Re: State Declaration of Ind.

> Roy M. Silvernail writes
> > Ever since the breakup of the former Soviet Union, I have wondered just
> > what _is_ holding the USA together.  Within our borders, I think we show
> > far more diversity than the former USSR had.  Yet we remain "unified",
> > even in the face of ever-growing erosion of citizens' rights.
>
> Habit, inertia, and indoctrination.  Same as held the Soviet
> Union together for 25 years after belief faded.
>

> --
> We have the right to defend ourselves and our
> property, because of the kind of animals that we              James A. Donald
> are.  True law derives from this right, not from
> the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.                jamesd@netcom.com

I suspect that the reason we are still a union is we share a commen idealism
relating to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Idealistic but
perhaps applicable...

Thread