1996-04-24 - Re: arbiter/escrow agent for hire

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: bryce@digicash.com
Message Hash: 2e9e9e7fce6883102465059e8a87ff7b2f55b49772e2c24a11cd0fa84050fc8e
Message ID: <01I3X9N6RA1W8Y50LP@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:38:34 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 14:38:34 -0700 (PDT)
To: bryce@digicash.com
Subject: Re: arbiter/escrow agent for hire

From:	IN%"bryce@digicash.com" 24-APR-1996 10:05:20.14

>1. Acceptable digital signature upon the "bet statement"
>from each bettor.  (Note that PGP signatures from PGP key
>pairs which are not connected to me via the Web of Trust, or
>which are not verifiable by me via an out-of-band
>connection, are not acceptable digital signatures.  This is
>because of the MITM attack problem, not because  I need True
>Names to be connected to the signatures.)

	IIRC, currently Black Unicorn doesn't have any signatures on
his public key of others. Therefore, this requirement, while understandable,
could cause a bit of a difficulty in the current situation.

>3. Amount of the bet from each bettor.  This chunk of money
>will be known as the "ante".  Note that depending upon the
>details of the "bet statement", each bettor may submit a
>different ante.  (Yes, up front.  Yes, I get antes from both
>bettors.  Yes, I keep them while the bet is being settled.
>Why do you think my fee is so low?)

	Chuckle.
	-Allen

Thread