1996-07-23 - Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: hallam@Etna.ai.mit.edu
Message Hash: 361fa3a8f07850fb0cea870bbbd198815e6efc5a22221f7b2147f9ed2ce0c304
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.960722221342.1025H-100000@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <9607222254.AA01221@Etna.ai.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1996-07-23 08:55:08 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 16:55:08 +0800

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 16:55:08 +0800
To: hallam@Etna.ai.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Responding to Pre-dawn Unannounced Ninja Raids

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996 hallam@Etna.ai.mit.edu wrote:
> Since they are denied the "right" to live in Libertopia they have
> no choice but to live in the real world. That doesn't make them
> hypocrites. They are not directly contradicting their principles.
> On the other hand there are plenty of "free-market" economists
> who live entirely on grant money from the public purse and plenty
> of those "libertarians" will be accepting government assisted
> funding through college or would do so if it was available.

    If the government money wasn't taken from us to begin with, we could
better afford tuition. If there was no government aid, the schools
would be cheaper. If there was no government aid, the schools would assit
one more in getting private aid.

> >Sometimes it is necessary to violate one's principles in order to help the
> >greater good.
> Yes, but how can a Randite libertarian do so in good faith? For such
> people there is no greater good, it is all the self.

     Yeah, and to a fscking statist you give your all to the state.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow@smoke.suba.com

Thread