1996-10-07 - Re: “European Union Bank”

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Message Hash: 0360bd3b439cfa6ce24c373dfd7ced32cc1100fd3ea7bc7c568432eb025e43eb
Message ID: <199610071740.NAA28178@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <199610071736.KAA21570@slack.lne.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-07 21:47:36 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 05:47:36 +0800

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 05:47:36 +0800
To: Eric Murray <ericm@lne.com>
Subject: Re: "European Union Bank"

Eric Murray writes:
> Perry E. Metzger writes:
> > Be that as it may, but I wonder about the whole thing. EUBank's web
> > server appears to be firmly ensconced in Washington, D.C. -- not
> > exactly where one would expect their records to be kept, eh?
>
> I noticed that too.  Is this BCCI 2, or just a front that the forces
> of repression can use to say "look, there is money-laundering
> on the Internet!  We must control it."

Or, perhaps, they are just a way for the IRS to get the names of lots
of people interested in offshore banking. Or maybe not. Who knows?

Perry

Thread