1997-06-10 - Re: My War

Header Data

From: tzeruch@ceddec.com
To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 7234b3286c9a70e29e92856db925cc134490c4748178fb585c4e8b3ac3493f44
Message ID: <97Jun10.144116edt.32257-1@brickwall.ceddec.com>
Reply To: <Pine.BSI.3.91.970608231331.29324F-100000@kizmiaz.dis.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-10 19:02:30 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 03:02:30 +0800

Raw message

From: tzeruch@ceddec.com
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 03:02:30 +0800
To: Cypherpunks <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: My War

On Mon, 9 Jun 1997, se7en wrote:

> Yes, I am advocating malicious, destructive hacking activity against
> these people. Who are they going to run to? The police? "They hacked my
> kiddie porn server and rm -rf'd my computer!" Right...the police will be
> so anxious to lock us up left and right.

Why not simply trace them down to something close to their identity, and
when confirmed, simply email the newspaper website nearest them.  Why rm
-rf when you can get whatever ID information from the very same hard
drive?  I think this would be a proper, proportional response since the
authorities will do more damage since it won't involve just the computer.

Thread