1992-10-09 - re: +-=*^

Header Data

From: Tom.Jennings@f111.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Tom Jennings)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 39a4d88ae35f5601244d259d0f691e6b2c8ec39aab73c9c220c99654fea8fa60
Message ID: <2747.2AD5CD4D@fidogate.FIDONET.ORG>
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Oct 92 11:13:54 PDT

Raw message

From: Tom.Jennings@f111.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Tom Jennings)
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 92 11:13:54 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: re: +-=*^

 U> re: problem with key distribution; right, OK, I hadn't
 U> thought that there might be a security problem with
 U> casually giving someone your key without them being able
 U> to authenticate that it came from you.  Good point.

But as Eric pointed out, and I realized later, the underlying social
structure will allow detection of bum keys (presuming the scammed
person or someone s/he knows notices, etc, and so on, a wholew world
resides here...)

 U> Here's my public key.  If you feel it is not secure
 U> enough, we can always use the cone of silence:

Now I feel very unsecure, because the above is all I got. It ain't no
public key...

PS: Too much anonymity? I have to reply in hte mailing list to this
person cuz it's a faked From... (trust me)

 * Origin: World Power Systems / FidoNews / San Francisco CA (1:125/111)
--
Tom Jennings - via FidoNet node 1:125/555
    UUCP: ...!uunet!hoptoad!kumr!fidogate!111!Tom.Jennings

Thread