1992-10-05 - Mail headers

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 603fca9ce668d8dbe8a45948b9a40576c4322d997903e58a90b3fa878a8bf011
Message ID: <9210050225.AB21620@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <2554.2ACD2FF0@fidogate.FIDONET.ORG>
UTC Datetime: 1992-10-05 02:17:52 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 4 Oct 92 19:17:52 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 92 19:17:52 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Mail headers

>Alas, I can't take part in much it seems, the UFGATE was hobbled to
>intentionally prevent us FidoNet people from entering text into
>message headers (For example "Request-Remailing-To:"...) because we'd
>take over the planet or something I guess (we are apparently
>contagious).

You aren't the only one Tom.  Apparently lots of Unix mail interfaces
don't let you arbitrarily edit the header or add lines.

I'm going to add a facility to make this possible for everyone.  The
design I have in mind uses only the message body.  No need to touch
the header.

Announcements when it's finished.

Eric

Thread