1992-11-28 - PGP with license

Header Data

From: norm@xanadu.com (Norm Hardy)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 002431b124bcac85fb7c04d3443d6490696d907ccd743b133416e37f2eb9eb03
Message ID: <9211280507.AA11162@xanadu.xanadu.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Nov 92 21:35:51 PST

Raw message

From: norm@xanadu.com (Norm Hardy)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 92 21:35:51 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: PGP with license

This was originally addressed to Phillip Zimmermann.
Thank you for writting PGP. I have not run it on my Mac yet because my version
of Stuffit is 2.0 which deems the PGP.sit file to advanced. I resist
the incentives of compression program authors to produce frequent incompatible
updates which cost money and delay for little apparent advantage.
Compact pro is a shareware program that produces self expanding archives
which presume no pre installed decompressor. It is available by ftp at
sumex-aim.stanford.edu
info-mac.util.compact-pro-133.hqx
You may forward this to whomever does the Mac version
or send me his email address.

What I really am writting you about is to suggest that if you wrote "another"
program compatible with PGP under a PFP license that I would pay at least $50
for it. I might pay more depending on my experience with the free version.
I would accept delivery by email.

Thread