1992-11-26 - Steve Kent on certification trust paths

Header Data

From: gnu
To: cypherpunks
Message Hash: 0d8afc20ce4ec11ea39e78af9f20babf4384bfec9f9fb33097ee0a2b86514055
Message ID: <9211260338.AA23180@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Nov 92 19:38:08 PST

Raw message

From: gnu
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 92 19:38:08 PST
To: cypherpunks
Subject: Steve Kent on certification trust paths

Steve is one of the key folks in the Internet PEM project.  He sent this
message last month during a discussion of why PEM uses top-down
key certification rather than the "mesh" style that PGP uses.

I hope that our (cypherpunks) experience with mesh key exchange will
teach us a lot about whether and how it works.  Nobody has ever tried
this before, so we are doing research!

	John Gilmore