1992-11-25 - Re: An easy-to-reply anonymous mail scheme

Header Data

From: Peter Shipley <shipley@tfs.COM>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 108fb5ccca701478ebd9a6e5b7af4c3d71f1673d82c946de84211f61bcff0fce
Message ID: <9211252030.AA24576@edev0.TFS>
Reply To: <9211251835.AA23411@novavax.nova.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1992-11-25 20:30:56 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Nov 92 12:30:56 PST

Raw message

From: Peter Shipley <shipley@tfs.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 92 12:30:56 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: An easy-to-reply anonymous mail scheme

>So to use this, you would generate a public/private key pair, and compute the
>hash function of the public part.  Anonymously post the public key to
>alt.key.announce, and then send your message by whatever means you like (anon
>mail, anon post to a regular newsgroup, anything) using reply.HASH@remailer.com
>as your return address.  Then watch alt.w.a.s.t.e for replies and decrypt
>as received...

one problem is that pgp labels public/private key pairs with strings
(thus I have to create a public/private key pair with a unique label string
that has nothing to do with my name) the problem still exists that
every message  posted to alt.w.a.s.t.e  with have my pgp key label string.

pgp does not support unlabeled crypted test (eg: I can had it random
cyphertext and have it figure out public/private key pair to use (by
trying every key in my rings)(

Thread