1992-11-30 - Re: The Cypherpunks Mail Project

Header Data

From: John W Noerenberg <jwn2@qualcomm.com>
To: tony@morgan.demon.co.uk
Message Hash: 1c7d02b1441796150a1d2c68ce59e3a7c96ea952b545d1df4e0b829d250f4a17
Message ID: <9211301706.AA27590@harvey>
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Nov 92 09:07:42 PST

Raw message

From: John W Noerenberg <jwn2@qualcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 92 09:07:42 PST
To: tony@morgan.demon.co.uk
Subject: Re: The Cypherpunks Mail Project

At  8:07 PM 11/25/92 +0000, Tony Kidson wrote:

>I'd like to chip in here, in my _very_ newbie way, that not
>everybody is running a unix system with the ability to pipe
>things between processes in so facile a manner.

Good point.  My vision for the Mac is to have a PGP service with an
AppleEvent suite defined so that any other AE-aware program can use the
services.  This isn't trivial, but it is the right thing to do, imho :-).

john noerenberg
jwn2@qualcomm.com
noerenberg.j (Applelink)
Do not uselessly lament your luck that is giving way, your work that has
failed, your life's plans that have all ended in despair.  Like a man long
prepared, like a man of courage, bid her farewell, the Alexandria that
leaves you.
-- "The God Abandons Anthony", Constantine Peter Cavafy [1911]