1992-11-26 - The Cypherpunks Mail Project

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5ee4be5f1553c1c1742d883452bf63c93fe770bd909b5e4bf72cb9335fb6b782
Message ID: <9211260036.AA18162@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <775@morgan.demon.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1992-11-26 00:36:39 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Nov 92 16:36:39 PST

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 92 16:36:39 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: The Cypherpunks Mail Project

Tony writes:
>I access the net
>through a dial up from a MS-Dos machine running KA9Q software. My
>PGP is of the stand alone sort.

I myself read my own mail on an MSDOS machine acting as a terminal
over a dialin.  The unix host is not overly secure, and I'm not about
to go putting keys on it.  I've been thinking about how to solve my
own encryption problem, you can be sure.

But most of the people on the list are reading mail on Unix machines,
and a simple piping interface is the first thing to implement.  I myself
may not use it at first, but it is a start.

Eric

Thread