1992-12-02 - Re: anonymous remailer

Header Data

From: Bill O’Hanlon <wmo@rebma.rebma.mn.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 12b823db97acaba9e6fe6efd349f1c9170331e54b8a5a36827c3de14d97b8da5
Message ID: <m0mwlGE-0006U1C@rebma.rebma.mn.org>
Reply To: <9212020319.AA03423@tree.egr.uh.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1992-12-02 04:27:29 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 20:27:29 PST

Raw message

From: Bill O'Hanlon <wmo@rebma.rebma.mn.org>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 20:27:29 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: anonymous remailer

>Fellow cypherpunks:

(Karl's remailer announcement, key, and script elided.  Thanks, Karl -- the
more the merrier!  And the more, the safer, I would think.)

I've got a couple really trivial comments.  Karl, your script called "mail"
to deliver the file.  Looks like it works on your machine, but on mine,
"mail" called /bin/mail, which seemed to put an "Apparently-To: xxx" header
in the message, and messed things up.  If any of you have a problem with
Karl's script, you might check that.  I used elm to send the file, but I
would think /bin/mailx or /bin/Mail (depending on what Unix you're using)
would work as well.

Also, I'm hoping one of you who is proficient in perl will rewrite the
darn thing.  It needs generalizing, and perl's just the language for
the job...  As a Bourne shell script, it looks ugly, especially with all
those temporary files all over the place.

-Bill
--
Bill O'Hanlon						 wmo@rebma.mn.org

Thread