1992-12-14 - Re: A minor experimental result

Header Data

From: miron@extropia.wimsey.com (Miron Cuperman)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 928baa523300042d51bfe3c5fd4ec6c84862498456182decd3c28a953c475de5
Message ID: <1992Dec14.211716.13061@extropia.wimsey.bc.ca>
Reply To: <9212140649.AA12228@netcom.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1992-12-14 21:55:56 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 14 Dec 92 13:55:56 PST

Raw message

From: miron@extropia.wimsey.com (Miron Cuperman)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 92 13:55:56 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: A minor experimental result

lg2g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Liam David Gray) writes:

>    If I wanted to be obnoxious, I could set myself up as a remailer,
>then screen all incoming messages to see whether they came from other
>known remailers.  If not, then I can archive the message, have a look at
>it, and maybe compromise the original sender.

This is possible only if encryption is not used.  With encryption,
only the first remailer knows the sender (but not the plaintext or
recipient) and only the last remailer knows the recipient (but
not the sender or plaintext).
--
	Miron Cuperman <miron@extropia.wimsey.com>  | NeXTmail/mime ok
		       <miron@cs.sfu.ca>	    | Public key avail