1993-01-14 - Re: anonymous service shutdown (pax)

Header Data

From: Marc.Ringuette@GS80.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
To: dclunie@pax.tpa.com.au
Message Hash: 1dffff39a5354a0afa3339029d94be1c24158ff0917ea8141665bedcf0f762cc
Message ID: <9301142014.AA15788@toad.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Jan 93 12:14:24 PST

Raw message

From: Marc.Ringuette@GS80.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 93 12:14:24 PST
To: dclunie@pax.tpa.com.au
Subject: Re: anonymous service shutdown (pax)

I think a large stink should be made at this point, to bring our
legitimate privacy concerns to the attention of net admins, and to
flush out who it was who threatened pax's net connection.

I'm really uncomfortable with the way that the pax anon remailer was
shut down on what seems to be pure hearsay.  I think we need a little
more guts from our anon administrators.  Stick to your guns!  Make them
at least deliver an ultimatum to you so you know where the threat came
from.

A note on whether we cypherpunks should "lie low" -- it's always
possible for us to go underground and hide from the authorities.
I don't believe we should do this until it's absolutely necessary.
As of now, we are legitimate net citizens.

M.

Thread