1993-01-09 - Re: New remailer in C.

Header Data

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.FI>
To: Hal <74076.1041@compuserve.com>
Message Hash: 4313fdaa35b5d40fb657ad40f7189a707a90c96ab615e6aea3f847ef10f84871
Message ID: <9301092030.aa10557@penet.penet.FI>
Reply To: <930109073836_74076.1041_DHJ43-1@CompuServe.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1993-01-09 18:56:27 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 9 Jan 93 10:56:27 PST

Raw message

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.FI>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 93 10:56:27 PST
To: Hal <74076.1041@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: New remailer in C.

> >      I am working on a program in C that will provide both anonymous
> > remailing capabilities and mail server operations.
>
> It's good to see more people working on remailers.  The cypherpunks
> remailers have been written in Perl, which facilitates experimenting
> and testing of new interfaces.  The idea might be to migrate them
> to C eventually for efficiency, but during this experimental phase
> we may want to try out new ideas, and it's easier to modify a Perl
> script than a C program.

I do appreciate the cypherpunks stuff, but perl is still not a very
widely used standard tool, and not everyone of us want to learn the
ins and outs of yet another language...  So I do applaud the C
version...

And please, I am *not* trying to start any religious wars...

	Julf (an0@anon.penet.fi)

Thread