1993-01-31 - Re: party…

Header Data

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.FI>
To: shipley@merde.dis.org
Message Hash: 65175d61e3ee79da1adad4e34bb7bd4f137f2c43f9d8c2333c043a031f2a1d93
Message ID: <9301311018.aa03334@penet.penet.FI>
Reply To: <9301302241.AA01909@merde.dis.org>
UTC Datetime: 1993-01-31 09:08:50 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 31 Jan 93 01:08:50 PST

Raw message

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.FI>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 93 01:08:50 PST
To: shipley@merde.dis.org
Subject: Re: party...

> Deiodre Williams if having her B'day at my place.
> she would like to have ner and intresting people attend
> she is barrowing my house to throw a party.
> she is throwing this party on Jan 30th.
> she would like to see some new faces at this party (not just the
> berkeley regulars)

Well, it would have been nice to attend, but...

a) Because of time zone differences, it was already 0:41 on Sunday, Jan
   31 out here at the time you sent your message

b) There was no way I could get hold of my travel agent to get a flight
   ticket.. And the flight from Helsinki, Finland to SF is close to 11
   hours anyway...

Just a reminder that the net is a pretty global thing... Hope the party
was fun!

	Julf

	"Oh so near to Russia, so far from Japan... Hai!
	 Quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam."

	 (From "The Finland Song" by Monty Python).

Thread