1993-01-31 - Re: randomness

Header Data

From: Douglas Sinclair <dsinclai@acs.ucalgary.ca>
To: libert@citi.umich.edu (Tom Libert)
Message Hash: 8234dcd17c1b7c055480832ea29b434676490f614201ccf87ad32b604a9f6094
Message ID: <9301310416.AA23281@acs1.acs.ucalgary.ca>
Reply To: <9301301619.AA09879@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-01-31 04:17:04 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Jan 93 20:17:04 PST

Raw message

From: Douglas Sinclair <dsinclai@acs.ucalgary.ca>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 93 20:17:04 PST
To: libert@citi.umich.edu (Tom Libert)
Subject: Re: randomness

Yes, I have heard of using diodes for white noise production.  Hoewver, I am
conserned as to the nature of this noise.  Is it some property of the silicon
or is it just amplified radio noise that is bringing the diode above
threshold??

--
Vercotti: I was terrified of him.  Everyone was terrified of Doug.  I've seen
          grown men pull their own heads off rather than see Doug.  Even

Thread