1993-01-21 - PGP on BBS

Header Data

From: tribble@xanadu.com (E. Dean Tribble)
To: uunet!soda.berkeley.edu!hughes@uunet.UU.NET
Message Hash: 9e92e71906bdc2df6b8d4c411885c75194b96b32249022b3b871183615aadd90
Message ID: <9301211702.AA11275@xanadu.xanadu.com>
Reply To: <9301211612.AA01687@soda.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-01-21 17:56:24 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 09:56:24 PST

Raw message

From: tribble@xanadu.com (E. Dean Tribble)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 09:56:24 PST
To: uunet!soda.berkeley.edu!hughes@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: PGP on BBS

	 The solution is cooperative processing systems, where both the host
	 and the terminal cooperate to perform some task.  Unfortunately, there
	 is precious little software infrastructure to support such a
	 development.  Terminal programs on PC's are still for the most part
	 acting as dumb terminals, with the notable exception of file transfer
	 protocols such as zmodem.

What would the two systems be cooperating about?  I'm not sure to what
you are pointing.

	 Although this topic is not directly related to cryptology, it is
	 certainly appropriate for discussion on this list.  It is the
	 cypherpunk goal for widespread use of crypto by the masses, and the
	 exact nature of the infrastructure necessary for that task should be
	 debated, then implemented, then deployed.

I of course map these suggestions into Joule (the language I'm
developing).  Does that resemble what you're thinking of?

dean

Thread