1993-01-15 - Re: possible solution to the anonymous harrassment problem

Header Data

From: uri@watson.ibm.com
To: warlord@MIT.EDU (Derek Atkins)
Message Hash: a92b22738fa600516caba2345f225af0b6a8235ba655b1a6a7a0092b748df9f5
Message ID: <9301152018.AA12839@buoy.watson.ibm.com>
Reply To: <9301151918.AA06316@toxicwaste.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
UTC Datetime: 1993-01-15 20:19:29 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 12:19:29 PST

Raw message

From: uri@watson.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 12:19:29 PST
To: warlord@MIT.EDU (Derek Atkins)
Subject: Re: possible solution to the anonymous harrassment problem

Derek Atkins says:
> > I've just gone over the RSAREF license agreement again.  It seems to permit
> > any sort of not-for-profit operation, including a public key service.
> Uhh, this is not quite true.  If you read closer, you will see that
> you need "special permission from RSADSI" to use non-published
> interfaces to RSAREF. If you want more functionality,
> you have to ask special permission!

Well, their license says, that "they will grant permission for any
reasonable request" for modification to RSAREF, or to access to
those unpublished routines.

I guess until somebody asks about such a permission and gets
rejected, or granted - we'll never know...  [BTW, I aske and
got such permission for my own private needs...]  Now, who's
willing to volunteer? (:-)

> This means that without this permission, you CANNOT use "RSA
> encryption" in-and-of itself.

Legally, you mean (:-).
--
Regards,