1993-01-21 - Re: Communications Policy

Header Data

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.FI>
To: “Timothy C. May” <tcmay@netcom.com>
Message Hash: c4343cb40a90d3a0fe63baf6d04d4106988e5edd52a60ecf33df91aa9c669982
Message ID: <9301211119.aa20785@penet.penet.FI>
Reply To: <9301210830.AA21995@netcom3.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-01-21 09:47:25 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 01:47:25 PST

Raw message

From: Johan Helsingius <julf@penet.FI>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 01:47:25 PST
To: "Timothy C. May" <tcmay@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Communications Policy

Tim May writes:

> crypto, had he chosen to use it. And his e-mail was uncovered through
> the very common method of finding the archived copies of IBM's "PROFS"
> e-mail system kept by sysadmins. Sort of like the archives being kept
> by some of the so-called anonymous remailers!)

Hmmmm.... I find the accusation about anonymous remailers pretty strong.
If you have proof of stuff like that happening, or even reasonable cause
for suspicions, I feel the accusations and names of the sites should be
published as widely as possible. That is the only way we can stop
such unethical behavior.

	Julf (an0@anon.penet.fi)

Johan Helsingius     Kuusikallionkuja 3 B 25   02210 Espoo    Finland    Yourp
net: julf@penet.fi   bellophone: int. +358 0400 2605  fax: int. +358 013900166

Thread