1993-02-22 - Rambo Lives

Header Data

From: deltorto@aol.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 54195bb27e4e106b9e2908bb83eb9d22938e40956bd13d607ce376b4725b5009
Message ID: <9302221330.tn00927@aol.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Feb 93 13:00:39 PST

Raw message

From: deltorto@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 93 13:00:39 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Rambo Lives

>>kelly@netcom.com
>>
>> [stuff removed]
>>                         ...the military in general and the
>>army , marines and and special intelligence agencies>, they
>>are after all as their prime mission capable of extreme violence and the
>>taking of human life, as a means of social control.
>>Law enforcement seems to have very similiar mentality as well,
>>with CONTROL being the agenda and reason for existance--
>>Suppose we think of guerilla products such as PGP and anoynmous
>>posting mechanisms and forwarders  in their larger social sense
>>As behaviour modification for those who would have our privacy
>>as well as our lives

...and thus the government's decision to consider PGP (a privacy mechanism)
as "munitions." At first I thought it was outrageous, but it all makes
curious sense somehow when you bop yourself on the head the right way,
doesn't it?

I say we should ensure that as many citizens as possible get ahold of PGP as
soon as possible. After all, the NRA would have us believe that it's every
citizen's right to "bear arms," so why shouldn't we (especially those who
choose not to carry firearms like me) all have whatever sort of weapon we
choose to "carry?"

That's all for now, excuse me while I go hurl. All this crap really makes me
a bit ill, to tell you the truth. I only want the same respect I give to
other people, not a lot of static from a bunch of haircuts with sidearms.

  d2t

PS: Keep this in mind the next time you see someone you love patronize a
Rambo-style movie or play a game of shoot-'em-up Ninten
do - this is where the Bad Guys get their funding, lads.

Thread