1993-02-28 - Real life pseudonyms

Header Data

From: chrmsync@mindvox.phantom.com (Chrome Sync)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fe6f2d9cb417f3100715367a0a791e36e5ce3df70ced4540c01479bd5ba84c2a
Message ID: <J3XoZB3w165w@mindvox.phantom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Feb 93 09:03:03 PST

Raw message

From: chrmsync@mindvox.phantom.com (Chrome Sync)
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 93 09:03:03 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Real life pseudonyms

In the US, you can use any identity you like, provided you're not doing so
to defraud anyone ... that is, if you do it to escape child care payments,
that's fraud. If you do it to rent a mailbox, *provided you don't do
anything otherwise illegal using the mailbox*, it's kosher. Start a
checking account -- I don't see why not.

I have a casual background in law/law enforcement, but got the first two
examples from a law school grad. who is currently working for a law
enforcement agency. I'lll have to run the third one by him ...

	Best,

                [ Cyber-Renaissance Man ]
                ||     Chrome Sync     ||
                [* & Frank Sinatra Fan *]