1993-03-21 - Re: HIDE: embedded msgs in grphics & snd

Header Data

From: zane@genesis.mcs.com (Sameer Parekh)
To: George A. Gleason <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
Message Hash: 0a0ce6027884fccb42f9710d84a096bb9b6caff08fd4e7fb36ceec0f6497b594
Message ID: <m0naXvR-000MT1C@genesis.mcs.com>
Reply To: <199303201024.AA09757@well.sf.ca.us>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-21 21:59:01 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 21 Mar 93 13:59:01 PST

Raw message

From: zane@genesis.mcs.com (Sameer Parekh)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 93 13:59:01 PST
To: George A. Gleason <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
Subject: Re: HIDE: embedded msgs in grphics & snd

In message <199303201024.AA09757@well.sf.ca.us>, George A. Gleason writes:
> I get the idea that if this worked, the record would get a lot of interest
> including from a wider audience than cypherpunx, and that translates into
> attention on the band as such, and that translates into paying back the
> original production investment with interest.   So, anyone interested...?

	For exactly this reason, I don't think that this is a very good
idea. The discussion here started as a search for a way to make
encrypted data not look like encrypted data. (Once it becomes illegal).
If encoding in LSBs becomes a famous technique, then once data
encryption becomes illegal searching the LSBs will become standard
procedure for that data cops.

--
| Sameer Parekh-zane@genesis.MCS.COM-PFA related mail to pfa@genesis.MCS.COM |
| Apprentice Philosopher, Writer, Physicist, Healer, Programmer, Lover, more |
| "Be God" - Me __ "Specialization is for Insects" - Robert A. Heinlein ____/

Thread