1993-03-25 - ANON: Anon.penet.fi no more

Header Data

From: internaut@aol.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 184e8104cc420baa0c9bf4da16b1f07060095de173d35905482ac9bd8bf9ee9f
Message ID: <9303250649.tn83751@aol.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 25 Mar 93 04:50:36 PST

Raw message

From: internaut@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 93 04:50:36 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: ANON: Anon.penet.fi no more

>>> The anonymous service at anon.penet.fi has been closed down.

This is a dark day indeed. The forces of Repression are upon us yet again.

OK, where do we set up the next one? I guess the solution here is to have a
floating set of difficult-to-detect anon remailers and switch between them
regularly.

Someday, when I can afford the hardware, I vow to provide this service and
not be harrassed into shutting down. Toward this end, it would be great if
Julf could post a list of the sys admin's who were instrumental in shutting
down penet.fi. I think all of us should be made aware of their presence for
future reference.

And now, Upward!

  dave

Thread