1993-03-22 - Re: META: Support for prefixes

Header Data

From: Nickey MacDonald <i6t4@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca>
To: Tony Kidson <tony@morgan.demon.co.uk>
Message Hash: 1fba38ea52d4e6b601eefc77ca8b5b0fd0c5e0b1744f1f581b7a79548a2598f7
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9303220148.B168-b100000@jupiter>
Reply To: <3098@morgan.demon.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-22 05:44:58 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 21 Mar 93 21:44:58 PST

Raw message

From: Nickey MacDonald <i6t4@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 93 21:44:58 PST
To: Tony Kidson <tony@morgan.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: META: Support for prefixes

{I realize I'm a mere two weeks behind in my mail...  please ignore me if
I'm way out of date on this...}

I agree that this is a great idea... and looking ahead into the mail I am
behind in, it looks like it is being done...  I'd also like to be able to
tell which mail list t he mail was from... I'd like it if the remailed
mail from the list had CYPH: prepended to the front of all the subjects...

On another note.... Tony... Please don't requote a large post, just to add
a one line reply...  It wastes a lot of bandwidth...  I hope that no
mailers still exist that do not allow you to edit the text that it
includes from an original message when doing a reply...  5 minutes of
editing for one person saves hundreds of people from wasting their time
skipping a redundant post...

---
Nick MacDonald               | NMD on IRC
i6t4@jupiter.sun.csd.unb.ca  | PGP 2.1 Public key available via finger

On Wed, 3 Mar 1993, Tony Kidson wrote:

> >  [ a convincing but long repost deleted ] ...
> > Yanek Martinson
> > yanek@novavax.nova.edu

> I fully support this call for prefixes by subject class.
> | Tony Kidson     | ** PGP 2.1 Key by request **  | Voice +44 81 466 5127    |

Thread