1993-03-02 - Re: Future of anonymity (short-term vs. long-term)

Header Data

From: Theodore Ts’o <tytso@Athena.MIT.EDU>
To: pmetzger@shearson.com
Message Hash: 430951ffc1a86b5ee2648b32e7b35e1dc575810ea8d4c9435f404f19dd7aa415
Message ID: <9303022157.AA02360@SOS>
Reply To: <9303021551.AA03777@maggie.shearson.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-02 21:58:53 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Mar 93 13:58:53 PST

Raw message

From: Theodore Ts'o <tytso@Athena.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 93 13:58:53 PST
To: pmetzger@shearson.com
Subject: Re: Future of anonymity (short-term vs. long-term)

   Date: Tue, 2 Mar 93 10:51:31 EST
   From: pmetzger@shearson.com (Perry E. Metzger)

   You aren't arguing for non-anonymity. You are arguing that free
   speech is bad.

No, I am not argueing for non-anonymity.  Please stop defending your
position by putting misrepresentations in my mouth.

Believe me, I understand why anonymity has its features.  I am just
pointing out some of its bad sides, which you seem to refuse to accept
even exist.

If the only way you can defend your position is by ranting and raving
and calling me a censorship-loving Nazi, then perhaps we should just end
this discussion right here.

						- Ted

Thread