1993-03-01 - anon.penet.fi confusion

Header Data

From: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Chael Hall)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 497a897d6e632f1cd8b517f8798ca0be1d1dacc8e900fd269ffdb86d80df260a
Message ID: <9303011813.AA12208@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 1 Mar 93 10:16:58 PST

Raw message

From: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Chael Hall)
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 93 10:16:58 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: anon.penet.fi confusion

     I thought that someone would bring it up, but since no one has, I
guess I will.  Isn't is very easy to accidentally type na1234 or an1234
when intending the other?  It's just a matter of transposing two
characters.  This could result in a user signing a message that is
sent with the anonymous ID or accidentally sending the actual address
when thinking it was anonymous.  Since a password can be assigned,
the prior could be eliminated, but the latter is still possible.

     I commend Johan for his work and appreciate the new service,
regardless of how it may sound.

Chael Hall

--
Chael Hall