1993-03-05 - Re: Encrypted voice protocol?

Header Data

From: dmandl@shearson.com (David Mandl)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 56f4718cb3e818c1f6f9a40635ac1f00e68cea148ea5b250a5b0707b19b3f85c
Message ID: <9303051935.AA18846@tardis.shearson.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Mar 93 12:05:59 PST

Raw message

From: dmandl@shearson.com (David Mandl)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 93 12:05:59 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Encrypted voice protocol?

> I just read in the local paper about "Internet Radio," which sounds like
> some kind of transmission of compressed audio, if I have the details right.
>
> This could be interesting. The "Crypto Home Companion Show"?
>
> Anybody know anything about this? (The originator comes from Alexandria,
> Virginia, so perhaps Strat and our other D.C. area folks have heard more
> about this.)
>
> -Tim

Yup, big article in the New York Times yesterday (front page!), and a smaller
article in today's New York Newsday.  Anyone out there have the time to post
either of them to the group???

BTW, a friend and I are just wrapping up a big anthology on radio (the new
issue of Semiotext(e), if anyone's interested).  I would have loved to get this
stuff in there, but alas, we just missed...

   --Dave.

Thread