1993-03-12 - Secret messages in images…

Header Data

From: Peter Wayner <pcw@access.digex.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6f74eec03a3999b2d492e82941df5e933994c5353066902201621d7cabeb5daa
Message ID: <199303121244.AA17859@access.digex.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Mar 93 04:46:24 PST

Raw message

From: Peter Wayner <pcw@access.digex.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 93 04:46:24 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Secret messages in images...

I wrote a quick little version to stick bits in the LSB of
a file. It runs in the Macintosh as an added feature to a popular
program, NIH Image. (The source code and frequent revision are
published at the major ftp sites.) It is very easy to add
a function to handle this process because all of the file i/o
and format decoding are already present.

If anyone would like a copy, they're welcome to write to me.
I'll send them instructions and a short file. Alas, it only
handles 8 bit images.

Also, you can also request Mimic function code for hiding
messages in text with a grammar.

-Peter Wayner
(pcw@access.digex.com)

Thread