1993-03-05 - Re: Encrypted voice protocol?

Header Data

From: Theodore Ts’o <tytso@Athena.MIT.EDU>
To: Bob Stratton <strat@intercon.com>
Message Hash: 7d574a86bb8b3799e290e3fe78f577a36e026d6ab7d9bc59562f057611023d27
Message ID: <9303052320.AA02319@SOS>
Reply To: <9303050351.AA59962@horton.intercon.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-05 23:21:48 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Mar 93 15:21:48 PST

Raw message

From: Theodore Ts'o <tytso@Athena.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 93 15:21:48 PST
To: Bob Stratton <strat@intercon.com>
Subject: Re: Encrypted voice protocol?

   Date: Fri,  5 Mar 1993 03:51:59 -0500
   From: Bob Stratton <strat@intercon.com>

   I don't know how many of you are at sites on the MBONE, or multicast
   backbone. There are already a few pieces of code out there for
   experimentation with transmission of audio and video information, in a
   variety of forms/encoding, and probably the most widely used tool,
   "vat - the  Visual Audio Tool", already has provisions for carrying
   on encrypted audio teleconferences via IP.  In fact, it's as simple
   as typing a key into a field, and the tool will DES en/decrypt the
   conference.

That's a good start!  Now all we need something which is a bit more
general in its selection of the asymmetric encryption algorithm, and
something which does public key for authentication and protection of the
assymetric session key.

							- Ted

Thread