1993-03-05 - Re: ANON: Textual analysis

Header Data

From: babani@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Rusty Babani)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8b3296f3b14a3a4070c3b5acbdb591014714910f808e49734be339469374fa9a
Message ID: <9303051646.AA22313@armstrong.cs.Buffalo.EDU>
Reply To: <9303041831.AA03710@memexis.memex.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-05 16:47:40 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Mar 93 08:47:40 PST

Raw message

From: babani@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Rusty Babani)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 93 08:47:40 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: ANON: Textual analysis

E. Dean Tribble stated in the last message:
>From memexis!tribble@uunet.uu.net Fri Mar  5 03:44:47 1993
>Date: Thu, 4 Mar 93 10:31:17 PST
>From: memexis!tribble@uunet.uu.net (E. Dean Tribble)
>To: uunet!cs.Buffalo.EDU!babani@uunet.uu.net
>Subject: ANON: Textual analysis
>
>	 >We probably need "rephrasing remailers" which do some rudimentary
>
>	 That is insane... remailers are not the place where this kind of work
>	 should be taking place. If anything the user should run his document
>
>Hardly insane.  If the rephrasing software were available for
>Connection Machines and nothing else, then one would very much want a
>remailing server that would rewrite phrases for you.  It'd be
>wonderful if it worked on Joe Schmoe's 286 box, but it's pretty
>unlikely.

I was under the impression that such software could be developed for
Joe Schmoe's 286 box or even Joe Schmoe's 386 box or (if Joe is rich)
his 486 box.  The power of these computers shouldn't be underestimated.

The first step is to develop the programs. Are there any programs
redily available for testing and/or analysis on any type of platform?

--
+==== Internet: babani@cs.buffalo.edu ===+======== Amateur-Radio: N2LYC ======+
!      Bitnet: V078LNGT@ubvms.BITNET     |        UUCP: rutgers!ub!babani     !

Thread