1993-03-12 - Re: An Appeal to Calm

Header Data

From: mbrennan@netcom.com (Michael Brennan)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 935a0e3da497c7bb2d02d18d935b962aa5c2ba13a6d2344fed6be339ea329671
Message ID: <9303121918.AA04403@netcom.netcom.com>
Reply To: <9303121846.AA00432@netcom.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-12 19:19:52 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Mar 93 11:19:52 PST

Raw message

From: mbrennan@netcom.com (Michael Brennan)
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 93 11:19:52 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: An Appeal to Calm

> Folks,
>
> Tempers have flared. Angry words have been sent out to the list. We've all
> been mail-bombed by an angry member of the list (who wants off--NOW!).

  [...]

> I hope things can calm down a bit.
>
> -Tim May

I would hope things would calm down a bit, as well. Sending a massive mail bomb
to the list may have been innappropriate, but so is continuing to send unwanted
mail to a user who has made repeated unsubscribe requests. Why are some of you
insisting on waging a flame war?!! What do you intend to gain from such
puerility?

I am encouraged that at least some voices of reason are now emerging amidst all
of this, and I would hope that the cypherpunks would try to understand the
frustation of those who have their unsubscribe requests ignored and continue
to receive unwanted mail.

Thread