1993-03-22 - Re: HIDE: embedded msgs in grphics & snd

Header Data

From: George A. Gleason <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
To: zane@genesis.mcs.com
Message Hash: e68c6f07e8850afbfcddf9eb06c4e938cc3819a3a77043c9cba1398f1adc0a8f
Message ID: <199303221218.AA23483@well.sf.ca.us>
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Mar 93 04:19:59 PST

Raw message

From: George A. Gleason <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 93 04:19:59 PST
To: zane@genesis.mcs.com
Subject: Re: HIDE: embedded msgs in grphics & snd

"once data encryption becomes illegal, searching for LSBs will become
standard procedure for datacops."

Aha, but if we can establish artistic protection for cyphertext, that will
be one more brick in the wall that keeps the censors out.  The point is to
prevent it becoming illegal in the first place.  Now so far we have one
great strategy: making crypto ubiquitous, so there is no way to get the
horses back into the barn.  I think we can benefit from additional
strategies, such as expanding into all the various areas of constitutional
protection that might be available.

-gg

Thread