1993-04-07 - FLAME: Perry M. vs. taking action (was: Re: PHRACK…)

Header Data

From: fen@genmagic.genmagic.com (Fen Labalme)
To: pmetzger@shearson.com
Message Hash: 00c235d28ed908e7585314357f532b7b0b00fcf49e467a9ec4673f18613556e6
Message ID: <9304071904.AA17502@>
Raw Date: Wed, 7 Apr 93 12:04:16 PDT

Raw message

From: fen@genmagic.genmagic.com (Fen Labalme)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 93 12:04:16 PDT
To: pmetzger@shearson.com
Subject: FLAME: Perry M. vs. taking action (was: Re: PHRACK...)

Perry -

> > If you don't like your goverment, vote.
>
> I'm an anarchist. You might as well say to an atheist "if you don't
> like Catholicism, start a schism."

I, too, aspire towards anarchy, but I don't ignore the tools around me.
Not voting in today's society is a cop out.  It is most certainly not
perfect, and the choices suck, but it remains one of the major voices you
have today in the world.

Anarchy works best when people are informed.  Education is key.  Simply
bad-mouthing other's works is not giving people a choice to decide which of
two views they feel are better.  Rather, it just fuels the fires of apathy
(that the governemnt have been fanning for so long).

Cypherpunks are trying to change the world.  Sounds like you're just going
to whine about it.  Positive action will always be more effective.  And
better received.

Fen

PS:  I must say that with your lack of content in your posts,
     if I had a filter on my email, it would filter out yours.

Thread